Is Natazia® right for you?
Talk with your doctor
For some women, talking with their doctor about their period can be hard or embarrassing—but it doesn’t have to be. If you are concerned about your heavy menstrual bleeding (HMB), then it’s really important that you speak with your doctor as soon as possible.
Speak with whomever you feel most comfortable—your primary care physician (PCP) or your gynecologist (OB-GYN). Either way, if you’re well prepared for the conversation, you’ll feel more relaxed and confident expressing yourself.
Here are a few helpful suggestions to remember as you prepare for your doctor’s appointment:
- Be sure to provide your doctor with as much detail as you can
- If you’re using a menstrual cup, keep a close track of your flow volume
- Track the number and saturation level of the pads or tampons you’ve used, and the size of the clots
- Be as vivid as you can in your descriptions
- Prepare a list of questions and concerns and bring it with you to your appointment
- Invite a close friend or family member to support you and take notes during your appointment